How to Choose a Fencing Contractor
Many homeowners know right away that they want a wrought iron fence, but they're not necessarily sure where to start. We've put together a few tips to help you find the best Houston wrought iron fencing contractor for your project.
- First, determine whether you want custom iron work or standard "off the shelf" wrought iron fencing. If you want custom iron work, you can then focus on contractors that offer this service.
- Use the Internet, recommendations of friends, or a contractor directory to start researching fencing contractors. If you're particularly inspired by a neighbor's wrought iron fence or gate, consider asking your neighbor who they used.
- Next, schedule fencing consultations with several contractors that offer the type of service you're interested in. Ideally, each contractor will meet with you in person, at your site, to discuss fencing ideas with you.
- Ask each contractor for a list of references and follow up with each reference listed.
- Ask for a written estimate using like materials and measurements. If two contractors are quoting for completely different materials, be aware of that as the prices may be dramatically different.
- As you narrow your list down to just a few high quality fencing contractors, continue researching their reputations by checking with the Better Business Bureau and other sites where consumers may have filed complaints.
- Consider visiting a current or recent job site to see the contractor's work.
By following these tips, you should be able to find a reputable Houston wrought iron fencing contractor that has the talent and skills to handle your project.